Pages

March 30, 2013

BIKINI SEASON WORKOUT MOTIVATION




So Spring is here and Summer is only a few months away! Yeaah, finallyyy! Wintertime has always been my least favorite season of the year (except for the Holidays). I am someone who is cold everywhere, all the time. I absolutely despise low temperatures and can't stand cold or snow, it makes me agitated and moody.

Summer on the other hand... is to me sun, cocktails, vacations, BBQ, ice cream, festivals, strawberries, passionate nights, beach and... BIKINIS!

Oh right, Summer also means tiny short shorts, floral skirts, bare legs, tube tops and parading in a bikini on the beach with EVERYONE judging every inch on your body (or at least it feels like that). Hmmm..
It is always a little bit scary when you're invited, last minute, to a Birthday pool party or to a day at the beach with friends. You didn't have time to wax those unwanted hairs (without getting the rash the day after) or get that sunkissed spray tan to look less pale next to your "I'm always naturally tan"- friend. But most importantly you didn't get a chance to work that extra mile at the gym to get rid of those Winter -muffin- pounds.

That's why you need to prepare yourself NOW. Don't let Summer surprise you this year, it will be there in a heartbeat. To make sure you feel comfortable in your bikini (or monokini) you need to start working out regularly and start a healthy diet with lots of fruit, vegetables and water. I have always been a pretty sporty girl and loved working out, but in cold and snowy days I cheat a little bit (too often) on my healthy lifestyle with a bag of Doritos chips or chocolate cookies on the cosy couch.
And of course there are some days I need that extra push to go to the gym and work out. A workout buddy can definitely help. You can keep each other on the right track and set up workout dates at the beginning of each month so you both have no excuses to back out of your training session.

Another way I get motivated is by looking on the internet at pictures of toned and healthy looking women. I try not to pin myself on one particular person or picture. If you don't reach the exact same results you might loose your drive. Every woman is built differently and has their own uniqueness and strengths. Just try to find inspiration in fit looking women and celebs and use this to look your own best!

The results you will get will only depend on your own effort and motivation. Don't let anything or anyone keep you from your goal, YOU are the one in control of your own body!

Here are some pictures I get inspired by...


Killer abs











Toned arms











Defined legs











Inspiring words...











And finally... 


Have a nice workout! 

x x x


No comments:

Post a Comment