Pages

January 27, 2014

GEEK GLASSES - IN OR OUT


When I was younger, about 14 -15 years old, I used to get jealous of girls in my school with black glasses. I thought they looked smart and cool and always asked if I could fit them, but of course I couldn't wear them longer than a minute or my eyes started to hurt! This was in 2004, ten years ago that I already started to notice the bigger and chunkier frames were on the rise. 

Since two years the geek glasses have really made their way into "IN" fashion town, fashionable guys and girls bought the big black frames. Bad eye sight didn't matter, everybody wanted the hip accessory. People weren't even trying to fake they needed glasses, they just wore the frames without glasses in them!

Fact is, the nerd glasses can add a fun touch to every outfit and make you look more stylish and put together. At least, for the last two years... But are they still in? 

Me with glasses...


or without?



I got this pair from New Look for €6,99. 


Personally I'm still loving the trend. My eyes are perfectly fine, but I love to wear the vanity frames on occasion. I've been going to a lot of job interviews lately and think I look more intelligent with glasses than without. So I secretly put these babies on right before I go in! 

My boyfriend thinks it stupid to wear glasses when you don't need them, he's a survival of the fittest kind of guy. And I do understand his point, glasses can make you look more vulnerable or weak. 
But this is also about fashion and fashion doesn't need to make sense. It's all about personal taste, it's an expression of your unique character. So I don't even try to explain it to him. Poor guy is always wearing the same white shirt and blue jeans...


So what do you think? Are you over the geek glasses trend or are you still wearing yours?

x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment